Senior Research Scientist - 37771
• Take the next step in your career at our world-renowned Research and Development Centre
• Utilise your food science-based research and development expertise with leading edge dairy technology
• New pathways, a diversity of products and innovative ideas; it’s your chance to change the game with Fonterra.
As a Senior Research Scientist, you’ll be part of the Food Structure team based at Fonterra’s Research and Development Centre in Palmerston North. This is a science team aligned with Fonterra’s Foodservice business unit with projects predominantly focused on Butter, Cream Cheese, Mozzarella and UHT Cream.
You’ll be involved in both New Product Development and longer term New Technology Development research and have the opportunity to grow your subject matter expertise to create and enrich concepts.
What you will bring:
Your strong communication skills will foster a positive team environment, direct traffic and enable you to make confident decisions. You are a natural leader who fits easily into complex cross-functional teams.
Your experience in emulsion science paired with your passion for innovation will enable you to problem solve with a food structure hypothesis-lead approach.
Key attributes will be:
• PhD in Food Science is preferred, with a deep knowledge of food micro-structure plus emulsion and colloid science
• Experience in leading the design & execution of research and development trials, and interpretation & communication of findings – both written and oral
• Comfortable working in laboratory, pilot plant and factory environments
As New Zealand’s largest business, and a world-leading dairy exporter, Fonterra’s high-quality dairy ingredients and branded dairy products are consumed in over 100 countries around the globe.
Located in Palmerston North, New Zealand, the Fonterra Research and Development Centre (FRDC) is home to a highly collegial team of around 300 qualified scientists, technologists and engineers – many of whom are the world’s leading experts in dairy science – and it is investing in new techniques with cutting edge technology right now!
Primary Location : New Zealand-Palmerston North
Hours of Work : Full time
Applications close on 6 October.